SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sf_treat

Longevity of 2005 German Made Whirlpool Duets

sf_treat
6 years ago

I have a pair of Duets from 2005, that have been problem free. The front looks a little ragged, because someone laid a wet sweater on the control panel and walked away, thus fading the pewter color.

Well, we gutted and rebuilt our house last year, and the architects built it to the specs of the washer and dryer, which were the only appliances we kept. Now, we are finlay building the shelves for the utility room (a year after moving in) and went to look at possible washer and dryer units we wold get when this one dies. To my horror, I realized that washers and dryers have grown immensely since 2005. Our utility room is such, that I only have the depth for a 27" washer/dryer plus the clearance 5" clearance needed for the dryer. That is IT, and it isn't a matter of closet doors. The sliding door jamb runs perpendicular to the front of the units, if that makes any sense.

So, I have a couple of questions. The laundry room forum is quite dead, so I am hoping to get some help here. These Duets are German made. They are 12 years old. How much longer can I expect to use them? Does anyone have any recommendations for replacement units? I cannot believe this is happening, after just building the house, but alack it is.

Comments (7)