SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athomesewing

Our Whirlpools, if you're wondering about longevity

athomesewing
13 years ago

We bought the Top of the Line Whirlpool Duet pair 7 years ago, retiring our previous washing machine which lasted for 19 years. We've been two empty nesters since we've had this machine, so it doesn't get a lot of use.

Yesterday the washing machine pump went out. Fortunately hubby was able to buy a new pump ($150) and now it seems to be working. (Lucky me that hubby is an engineer). I am disappointed that the plastic parts do not provide a decent amount of service. I don't hold out a lot of hope that the rest of the machine isn't far behind to fail.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. I would have been somewhat satisfied if it had made it over the 10 year mark. Actually, since we don't use it a lot, maybe longer.

Our Whirlpool Top of the Line dishwasher, bought on the same day seven years ago, and which had several visits from the repairman while under warranty, has NEVER EVER dried a dish in it's life. I DO use Rinse Aid, although I feel that should not be a requirement. The previous builder-grade DW at least did actually dry, and it never needed rinse aid. Seven years later, this one still washes the dishes, but I doubt it will last a much longer, I'll be washing dishes as well as drying them.

Just thought I'd add my experience with Whirlpool. I won't be giving Whirlpool another opportunity to provide me with poor products.

Comments (22)