SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ciao4now

Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer/dryer - water level issues

ciao4now
16 years ago

Hi,

We were so excited to purchase our new FL whirlpool, yet when we used the washer, we saw no water in the tub - it basically just wets the clothing and spins. We don't hear water sloshing in the drum either. We found the specs on the whirlpool site that say the water level during the wash cycle should cover all but a 1/2 inch of a baffle when set at the 6 o'clock position in the bottom of the washer. (This test is with no clothing in the washer.) Our water level was a shallow 8 in long puddle lying in the back of the drum - it does't even cover the bottom.

One technician showed up and agreed that the water level was too low and was ready to order a new pressure sensor, (he had removed the pressure sensor and it filled to the right amount) but the retailer agreed to replace the unit instead. The second washer, same deal. A second (different) tech came, and this time he ran tests, and was unfamiliar with the water level spec on the site -he scratched his head, called Whirlpool, and we called as well, and they basically admitted there have been no specs published on the new model regarding the proper amount of water that should be in the washer during the cycle. The spec on the website was for the older non-steam model, and their specs for the steam model state that the clothes wash in a "puddle " of water.

I have piles of laundry now, and don't know if I should just give up and buy a different brand. I was wondering if anyone else had dealt with this issue at all?

Comments (25)