SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robert_brown97100

Prima Matera vs. Proline 5-Star Fry Pan

Robert Brown
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

Switching from gas to induction (new home) and I am very excited about induction. I'm also mourning the loss of my 2 Mauviel Fry Pans and Matfer Bourgeat saucier.

However, I've since found that the De Buyer Prima Matera line exists and that is making this change much easier.

I will definitely be buying a new 1.8qt saucier, 5qt saute pan, and two 1.2qt sauce pans in the Prima Matera line. I think all of those pans benefit immensely from the copper.

I'm between going with the 32cm Prima Matera fry pan (I understand it runs smaller) and the 11inch Demeyere Proline 5-Star though.

I've used copper for a few years now and when it comes to fry pans, I'd say that would be the only type of pan that may not need the benefits of copper as much as the others (though I freaking love my Mauviel fry pans and they do amazing things).

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out in comparing these two. I understand the thicknesses are different, but one is aluminum compared to the copper. While it is frustrating that the Prima Matera line is only 1.8mm of copper compared to the 2.5mm I'm used to, in general, would anyone say that given I'll be using them on an induction cooktop - I should worry about their performance? Is 1.8mm of copper still better off than the 3.7mm of the aluminum on an induction top?

Don't worry about the expense of these pans. Just want performance opinions.

If you know of pans better than these please chime in! The Prima Matera line looks pretty unbeatable though.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County