3rd sets of eggs from same parents, none hatching
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
eggs under boody not hatching--what can I do?
Comments (6)Yay! Congrats on the chick! If you have any eggs that have yet to hatch, you might leave them an extra day or so, to catch any late bloomers. But mersiepoo is right, if there is some reason the chick doesn't make it out, it's usually best. :( I've only had to assist one chick out, and that was Bear, who is now our Head Hen. She was a very large chick in a very large egg, and we just picked a few pieces of shell from around her head once she'd pipped and it was clear she was in a bad position to hatch and couldn't turn in the egg like she needed to--then we returned the egg to the incubator and she finished up herself. But I'll never forget that little beak poking through the pipped shell and YELLING, then retracting and having a curious little eyeball appear at the hole. My husband was the first thing she saw and she's STILL bonded to him. :) Yesterday, Bear went broody, and picked a fight with our Beta Roo, Scott, who is a banty. She tussled with him so bad that he knocked one of the ends off one of his spurs, then he stood over it and looked at it, VERY confused. :) No real injuries, though, and today Bear is setting nicely on a nest. We haven't decided if we are going to give her some eggs to hatch or maybe some of the chicks from the incubator in 2 weeks. Velvet ~:>...See MoreHeartwrenching, shaken eggs hatched : `(
Comments (19)I totally understand how you feel. Up until last Friday, I could not have hurt a HOSP. However today I would rather wring their neck as look at them. Three weeks ago we had a hatch of 5 baby bluebirds. We watched them everyday growing like litttle weeds into fully feathered beauties. My husband get telling me the HOSPs would end up killing our babies. He wanted to get a trap, but I stubborningly refused.. A decision I would live to regret. That day was a week ago today when we saw a male HOSP on their house. We found bluebird feathers on the ground. When we opened the box the babies were baldheaded and bleeding. their eyes and beaks had been pecked as well as there wings . My husband handed me the first baby who died in my hand. As I stood there watching my husband pulled 2 more out that were dead. As we walked away the HOSP headed for the house again to finish them off. I took the nest out, asked my husband to get me a spare house bringing it in our house to keep that monster away. I held those little guys and cried my heart out. They died sometime after 1 am when I fell asleep. We ordered a Sparrow trap that night. In 2 days we have caught over a dozen sparrows. I have been responsible for doing away with over half of them and I am not done yet. I guess it takes seeing what I saw to get to where I am....See MoreMosquitos hatching from toilet!
Comments (33)I AM MICHAEL FROM LAGOS NIGERIA have been experiencing this for the past few weeks. I did not check toilet because I never thought that mosquito can come out of frequently used water closet toilet.but each time weopen the lid a lot of mosquito fly out with many drown on the surface of the clean water in the toilet But today I made a discovery I was surprised to .see mosquitos coming from the sewage tank underground through thepipe .they are tracing the light to the toilet. Above the S portion of the wc where water is gushing out from the top after flushing there is a hole that link directly to the pipe that carries waste to the sewage .tank. mosquitos from the sewage tank are passing through the hole into WC It is a short cut into the WC without passing through the S portion that always fill with water The Only solution is to block with tissue paper. You won't see mosquito or Any toilet pest again...See MorePipevine Swallowtail eggs hatch!! Now what?
Comments (48)I know!!! What is up with all that running around by Pipevine cats before they pupate??? Maybe they are genetically programed to go on a long journey before pupation. Keeping them in an enclosure disrupts the programing, so they ramble around the enclosure for days, who knows? I want to see photos when they emerge!! Taking some to the country is great idea. I can't believe this but I am actually removing butterfly eggs!!! Ughhh!! But the A. tomentosa vines just can't handle the munching right now. I moved what was left of the potted A. macrophylla vines to a sunnier spot and, by george, they are looking better and might even grow this time!! None of these got to flower this first year, so no seeds to play with but when they grow back out, I'll try cuttings with leaves and "stapling" some vines to the dirt in the pot. There's next year to consider. :) Anna...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNNew This Week: 3 Bright, Light Kitchens That Shy Away From White
With the right colors and materials, you can have a bright kitchen without going to the white side
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: How to Set Rules for Adult Children Living at Home
Here are 3 important conversations to have, and the language that will help you succeed
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESPop Culture Watch: 12 Home Trends from the '80s Are Back
Hold on to your hat (over your humongous hair); interior design elements of the 1980s have shot forward to today, in updated fashion
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: New Tower Rises From a Midcentury Ranch House
An Austin homeowner and her architect expand on the original vision of A.D. Stenger, who designed the ’60s-era home
Full Story
UNIVERSAL DESIGN3 Home Features to Boost Accessibility
Universal design in these home areas is a thoughtful move even if you don't need it for yourself
Full Story
KITCHEN MAKEOVERS3 Pros’ Own Kitchens, Inspired by Arts and Crafts Style
Millwork, hand-glazed tile, lighting and other handcrafted details honor the movement
Full Story
COLORDuck Egg Blue, the Friendliest Color Around
This appealing hue transcends trends, spans styles and gets along with many other colors. Could it be right for one of your rooms?
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESFrom Queasy Colors to Killer Tables: Your Worst Decorating Mistakes
Houzzers spill the beans about buying blunders, painting problems and DIY disasters
Full Story
VACATION HOMESHouzz Tour: A Peaceful Lake House Rises From the Rubble
Crashing trees left this Vermont home uninhabitable, but a redesign made it better than ever
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESHouzz Tour: Rebooting a 1930s Bungalow in 3 Days
A design team mixes old and new to upgrade a computer science teacher's home in a flash
Full Story
vamonos99