SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Another bathroom design question-wall above tub surround?

neetsiepie
6 years ago

We're removing the original tub (milk chocolate fiberglass one piece tub/surround) in our main/guest bath. We will be replacing with a new white tub-and I'm pretty sure we're going to put in a surround as well, because this is a DIY project and I'm not that good at tiling.

There will be about 16" from the top of the surround to the ceiling. Do we just go ahead and skim coat the new sheetrock and paint it? The rest of the walls are going to be painted.

It's not that much area, I could tile it, but I really don't like doing the tiling. It would be the only tile in the room if we went that way.

Maybe wainscotting? The bathroom ceiling has an insert of beadboard, but the rest is just skim coated & painted. I could put beadboard up to the top-but I am not putting it on the walls because DH isn't a fan. This bathroom will have a vintage cottage vibe.

Finally-how about some ideas for paint colors? The wood is a dark walnut, all the trim is white. I am staining the vanity a vintage aqua stain-so the colors of the floor and vanity are similar to what is in this photo.

Suggestions for wall colors? I'm open to everything and anything! Except pink. DH is not a fan of pink for the bathroom.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville