SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eamorrison200

Hall and bathroom flooring

Elizabeth
6 years ago
We are in the beginning stages of making a remodel plan. We currently have 8"x8" white tile floor in the front hall and in the hallway and bath in the kids' end of the house. (Did I mention it's white? We have three kids and three dogs. And it's white.) So...the bathroom needs to be redone desperately. We're seizing the moment and replacing this miserable white tile floor through the hall and bathroom at the same time. But, I'm at a loss. I have lots of idea for vanities and tile in the bath, lighting and fixtures as well. But the flooring is making me lose sleep. I keep coming back to brick. I'm interested in something that is NOT of the moment, that is NOT gray, and that will stand up to daily use and abuse. All rooms off the tiled areas are wood, a 3/5/7 oak that's stained a medium color. It's timeless and perhaps a little old fashioned, but works well for us and our house and furnishings. We have a mix of ikea, antiques, hand me downs, slip covers and squishy sofas for deep couch sitting. Warm colors abound here, nothing cool or slick (too much dog hair and too many kids for that!). I'm posting a picture of the front hall, the hall with the bathroom off it, and the hideous tile itself. We moved in nine years ago, and we're just not getting around to replacing! Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Comments (5)