a nice message to our new family ..... ?

vieja_gw

I'd like to find a message/card to send to the new family of our son's in-laws...

something like... we'd like to welcome them in to our family now as well as theirs as our children start a new life & family together!

I have no idea how to find something? poem or something already printed to express this better than I can!

Thanks for any ideas!

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

I think the way you put it was better than any poem you'd find written by someone else.

Do you live close enough to get together with them? Have you met before? Did the couple just get engaged, or are they already married?

1 Like Save    
vieja_gw

Thanks gelichom!

Yes, we have met them & the wedding is in a couple months. I just hoped to find something nicely printed for this (I am no good with words or making something!) I shall try some of the local card shops & see if they might have something .... The wedding is in a couple of months so I guess I have some time yet. So often the in-laws on both sides are not acknowledged in the blending of the two families & I wondered if someone else had done this?

Save    
gellchom

I would send them a little gift -- something you make or bake would be ideal, but it doesn't have to be -- or some flowers or a plant, with an accompanying note that can be nice and short. Just "So glad we are going to be family. Looking forward to many happy years together. Love, vieja & Mr. vieja" will be plenty and in my opinion much better than a poem, which might feel a bit too much. You can do it now or closer to the wedding. A floral arrangement the weekend of the wedding for their hotel room (or home, if the wedding is in their town) would be fine.

Save    
Suzieque

How nice of you. Sounds like you're going to be wonderful inlaws.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Great Home Projects How to Add a Kitchen Message Center
Take control of lists, schedules and more in a family message hub that’s as simple or elaborate as you like
Full Story
DIY Projects Neat Little Project: Build a Mail and Message Center
Centralize bills, notes and coupons with a wooden piece that's half cork, half shelving and all DIY-proud
Full Story
Fun Houzz Does Your Home Have a Hidden Message?
If you have ever left or found a message during a construction project, we want to see it!
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More