SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bosegirl

Rug size for family room and few other ?s for our new house!

bosegirl
11 years ago

Just moved, feeling very overwhelmed and tired, but I have a few questions. I don't want to rush like we did with our first house and waste money on things I didn't put effort into researching.

1) Our family room is 12' by 11', what size area rug would go well? We're getting a couch that is 4 seats straight and one of the seats have a chaise (so not a true sectional). Also an accent chair.

2) Any tips on making this transition easier for our toddler? It's been a crazy few days, still have a few more things to move from our old house, have a ton in the garage, her room is still being painted & we have to put together her furniture so she's sleeping with us. I just feel like it's CHAOS. I'm not freaking out but just TIRED. I hope she gets a routine SOON!

3) We need a kitchen table ASAP. We're using a card one for now (our old one doesn't go with the new kitchen at all). I can't decide to get a glass top or wooden...any pros and cons? I like how glass doesn't nick like wood but wood is safer for kids right? Our eat in kitchen area is small (our dining room is HUGE but that will be 'done' last) and I need a small eat in kitchen table for 4.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (8)