SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy_go_lucky_gayle

Our Family New Year

New Years Eve DS, DIL, GS5 and GD2 came in at around 6:00PM. We had Pizza and Snacks and did a few mild fireworks. The GD2 and GS5 had a blast watching the fireworks. Later we built a fire in the fire pit and the Adults had a champagne toast. The GKÂs managed to stay awake until the New Year came in. Whew!

I was up at 6:00 with my first cup of coffee and the GS5 was the next to wake up. Chatter, Chatter, ChatterÂ..OMG! "Honey, Granny GayleÂs Ears donÂt wake up until She has had a cup of coffee." "WouldnÂt you like to watch "BABE" while I have my coffee?"

After ½ a cup of coffee, GD2 is next to get up. Chatter, Chatter, Chatter. Dogs running scared. "IÂm Hungry". "Granny Gayle has Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, would you like some?" "I want waffles". I remembered I had frozen waffles. Chipped the frost off the waffles that have probably been in the freezer for months. GS5"I like my waffles cut in 4 triangles." GD2 "Me too". GS5 "These waffles taste expired". (5 Years OLD and He says expired.) "Granny GayleÂs waffles just taste a little different".

Finally everyone is awake and the clutter begins Art Projects scattered all over the LR. Cooking and waiting on the other guests. GS5 is into Magic and Granny Gayle is watching magic tricks on 3rd cup of coffee and cooking at the same time. Chatter, Chatter, ChatterÂ

Granny Gayle goes to the Nursing Home to get Mom. Mom and Granny Gayle watch the Magic Show.

DD and SIL finally arrive and I am rescued. DD watching the Magic Show while I continue to cook. Niece, Husband and Baby arrive. Lots of Chatter, Chatter, Chatter, Laughter, Joke Exchanges, Football Game Blaring, More Champagne. Granny Gayle and SIL having a Bloody Mary while cooking.

Finally at 1:00 pm the Buffet is set. 5 Pork Tenderloins, Black-eyed Pies, Zucchini Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Cabbage, Cornbread, Sweet Tea, Coconut Cream Pie, Pecan Pie, and Peach Cobbler. We put up our two 8Â Tables and all sat down together. Eighteen for New Years Lunch.

Granny Gayle cleans kitchen, while everyone goes outside to play soccer. Whew!

It was a Great Day! At 8:00 pm everyone is gone. Granny Gayle and Granddaddy Dean have a Crown and Coke while sitting on heated message recliners. Welcome 2008!

{{gwi:1566878}}

GD2,Nephew, Niece Melanie, GS5 the Magician

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor