SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliu8918

Renovation plans pointers please

lc
7 years ago

I have posted some questions in some of the other forums regarding our home renovation effort. To recap, my husband and I bought our first house late 2015. It was not the kind of home we thought we would buy when we first started looking, but we fell for its charms. It was built in 1947 and has pretty much stayed unchanged. We thought we just needed to do a bit of renovation to update it with modern conveniences. Boy, were we wrong. We had no idea how complicated this process is. We are finally close to getting planning approvals.

The property gently slopes up from south to north. The house faces south. Because we want to preserve as much of the character as we can and control the budget, we are leaving most of the original house footprint unchanged. We are planning to remove all of the interior walls in the eastern part of the house to create an open concept layout. We are tearing down a bedroom on the west side and replacing it with an addition. These plans are close to final ( still being tweaked ), but I thought it wouldn't hurt to get some pointers since this is our first renovation and we know we didn't think of everything. Thanks.

Comments (11)