SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_662226959

Please Help with Our Draft Renovation Plans! [1923 Four Square]

S Doc
5 years ago

We’re renovating our 1923 Four Square house! It’s our first renovation. The two sides of the house can’t be added onto because of setbacks, so we are working within those two outer side walls, and adding a mud room at the backyard. I think we’re close to finalizing our draft design, but I still have a hangup. The *relocated powder room is going to be close to the kitchen*.

I’m considering: 1) at least switching the powder room and the closet that is drawn just under it. It would move the powder room closer to the new mud room addition, and farther from the kitchen and dining room; 2) putting the powder room door where the closet dotted line is, and have a shallow sink on the outside wall; and/or, 3) somehow moving the powder room partly or totally into the mud room, but I’d really like to keep the mud room as just a shoes on/off and storage spot!

What other powder room solutions can you see that I’m not seeing?? Do you think option 1 above is the best/easiest route? Spouse does not like 2 above. We are going to explore moving the DR doorway over toward the kitchen to open up more options for the PR. We’re also looking at adding a pocket or barn door to close off the DR from the PR during gatherings.

Note: Each little square is approx. a square foot. The bathroom window can be moved. And we’re having sound proofing put in all the new walls of the powder room, along with a loud vent

Apologies for the quality of the pic - I’ve made lots of copies of the draft and cut and pasted, and drawn on a number of items!

Many thanks for your input!!

Comments (2)