SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Shopping in my own house again. What about this idea?

I'm in recycle mode as I want to avoid buying new stuff and use my own stuff. It is perfectly usable and well made so I need to keep it.

I have a pine shaker style four poster bed that may be usable in the guest apartment. The only problem is that the bed has to go in a corner which means I would have to leave the headboard rail off as the angled ceiling dips into the corner. I was thinking that I would still use the other three rails and put some curtains up which could serve as a privacy option as the bed is out in the open.

Here is the bed now, the rails are currently under the bed as the light fixture is in the way. In the cabin I would do the two side rails and the footboard rail and skip the headboard rail.

This is the corner where I want to put the bed. The built in desk is getting removed.

Here is a mockup of the bed showing some curtains.

This guest apartment will be listed on airbnb and we plan to market it for couples. But the sofa is a queen pullout plus there is a twin on the screened porch. So occasionally we may get 3-4 people using it during festival season. So I'm thinking the curtains can be drawn when there are people sharing the space.

My plan is to leave the bed in its current finish as I think the pine will make the bed fade into the background and take a backseat to the fabulous bedding I plan to buy!

Comments (4)