Our Canarybird - sad news
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (57)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Yet ANOTHER sad detail in our new build
Comments (4)mae919 - so sorry to hear about this problem and you should NOT feel bad about asking for the original paln to be completed. You should have signed off on any changes or adjustments. It is YOUR kitchen, the one you will be cooking in and using long after a KD or contractor is gone - don't let someone else's mistake be your compromise. Good luck and hang in there....See MoreOur Remodeling Blog: Bye Bye Tiny Sad Kitchen
Comments (1)I usually hang out over in the kitchens forum, but just wanted to say best of luck with your project! We just finished a whole house remodel and I know how exciting/stressful the process can be! The rewards will be well worth it though, once the dust settles! Good luck and keep up the nice blog! Kat :)...See MoreGood News and Sad News
Comments (16)Joanie-we have tried every avenue we can think of about the neighbor. Unfortunately our County Code is very lax. We are literally one block away from City limits and their Code Enforcement is strict! But the County just doesn't have it written in code, so they have no teeth. I'm considering a run for County Commissioner when I retire so I can get some changes made to that code. But by then we'll probably be annexed into the City!...See MoreNew study on monarchs raised in captivity has sad news
Comments (7)mr1010, I had the same thing happen with my cockatiels. I had one mother who was just letting her babies starve. It was my first clutch of babies, so I didn't recognize what was going on until one baby died. I had to hand-raise the rest of them. Every time she laid eggs, I had to put them into the other female's nest because she somehow just didn't have that nurturing gene. Since butterflies don't nurture their young, I truly believe it has to be something genetic or chemical they pass on that makes them migrate. If the parents have never migrated, they aren't going to pass that on to their offspring. Andy 49, The dilemma was have here is that there are native Florida monarchs, but we don't know which is laying on our plants. I agree to just let nature take its course. I lose more than I have hatch, but other critters have to survive too. I love my lizards and even my wasps, so if I have to sacrifice a few monarchs, so be it....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Stories

ARTShow News: Rare Quilts Get Museum Time
See 6 intricate designs from a California exhibition and get tips for building your own quilt collection
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Bear-y Playful Panda Decor
Adorable or abstract, these panda-loving furnishings and accessories are right on time for a D.C. zoo's happy news
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNSpecial Report: Bath Trends From Valencia
Spain Design News: Minimal Sinks, Stacked Vanities — and Modern Glam
Full Story
MORE ROOMSReclaim Room to Breathe
Take back the down time you deserve by disconnecting and paying attention to small pleasures in unexpected areas of your home
Full Story
HOLIDAYS10 Ways Your Christmas Tree Can Live On After the Holidays
Learn how to recycle your Christmas tree and reap benefits for the environment
Full Story
MOST POPULAR5 Remodels That Make Good Resale Value Sense — and 5 That Don’t
Find out which projects offer the best return on your investment dollars
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHousekeeping 101: How to Clean Silver
Learn from a pro how to properly clean and care for your precious silverware
Full Story
HOME OFFICESQuiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEDetox Your Kitchen for the Healthiest Cooking
Maybe you buy organic or even grow your own. But if your kitchen is toxic, you're only halfway to healthy
Full Story
LIFEHow to Build Your Housekeeping Muscle
Train yourself to clean and organize until the routine becomes second nature with this step-by-step approach
Full Story

lindac92