SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mae919

Yet ANOTHER sad detail in our new build

mae919
14 years ago

In all the drawing and layouts done by my "kitchen designer" he had a "double trash pull out - bottom mount". This is what I was shown in the showroom on two different meetings and we discussed not liking the side mounts because they always need to be replaced. Well they started the cabinet installation today and I have a very small (9 1/2" x 14" x 18") single trash. When I ask why I did not have the double trash pull out I was told "We had to squeeze that space and did not have room for a double". This change was never discussed with me. His solution for his mistake is to now do a bottom mount and fit to 10x10 trash cans in a space meant for one. We have had so many problems with this new build and I think this is the straw that has broken my back. What would you do? I want the base of this cabinet replaced so I can have the correct double trash pull out. These cabinets cost us 40 thousand dollars and I even got my husband to spring for my Aga Stove. I so upset with this poor design for my kitchen that I cannot even talk to the cabinet designer, I have but him in time out until I am able to deal with the matter. Sorry for the long post.

Comments (4)