SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmelz

Soil Test Results - April 2017

bmelz
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi there, been on this forum for quite some time, Citrus, Lawn Care, Indoor gardening, hot peppers and Irrigation. This is my first time getting a soil test, and first time taking a stab at getting my lime in prime shape. I'm hopeful that I can get some advice and general guidance on improving my soil.

Located in South western Ontario. 6b. I cut as high as my mower will go and I water Y1 deep an infrequent (1" per week all at once). B1 and S1 only get water during droughts,.

Y1 was renovated in June last year (worst time I know) with KBG, CRF, PRG. It is my only lawn with irrigation. KBG definitely dominates in the wide open sunny spots The CRF seems to dominate under the tree, although everything in the tree seemed to kind of stop growing/thin out late in the summer last year.

S1 and B1 are just a generic Sun/Shade mix that I overseed every fall.

all 3 yards were last fertilized at the bag rate 30-0-3 in November.

My goal is to put in the work now and get my lawn as close to perfect as possible. Once my soil is optimal, I will systematically reno each lawn.

I'v read a bunch of good stuff on Milo but can't get it where I'm at, so I'll most likely have to go other routes on OM. hard work is not a concern, and financially I can spend some money but within reason (not going to import Milo from us at $250 a bag on Amazon)

Thanks to any input I might receive.

Comments (29)