SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tbetz84

Fescue, Kentucky Blue Grass, help me figure this out

tbetz84
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I live central OK. I'm trying to fix the lawn in my back yard. I have one area of wonderful grass. (With 4 indoor/ outdoordogs) Once my yard gets going in the summer you'd never know there are living back there. The only way I can get it to spread is through transplanted pieces. It's frustrating & backbreaking to have to transplant this stuff like hair plugs... I know I really don't have to take it that far. Its just that thick. I've tried numerous methods, playing around with it.

There is also another variety of much softer shorter grass that seems to prefer the shade. The shorter grasses are not as heat tolerant and go dorment when the temps exceed 90° for prolonged periods. I've been trying "for several seasons to spread the "good grasses" by letting them go to seed and redistributing over the lawn when I mowed it. They are both extremely thick & lush. Can anyone help me. I'm pretty sure that I have a combination of KBG & fescue. (Ang yes that dang Bermuda... Due to construction last year, i had a hole deep enough for a Mini Cooper in half of my yard that didn't help!!! I put seed (tall fescue) down after they filed the hole back in last year. Tilled the whole area, spent hours preparing it... put top soil on after i seeded it, etc. Then their sewage line underneath got a crack, it developed a sink hole, sucked all my hard work and I think sent all the seeds to one, two inch deep mud pond on one side of my yard.

Comments (4)