SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_adler62

Help me save my old jade!

j_adler62
7 years ago

I have a very old Jade that I inherited when I moved into my current home. I was told it was from the original owner who was a horticulturist (the house was built in the 1920s). It was in the potting room, which is insanely hot and sunny in the summer, and was extremely leggy and root bound but much fuller than current time. The prior owner seems to have ignored it but it was at least surviving then. I moved it into the main portion of the house, and it began growing but remained pretty leggy. I upgraded its pot and all was ok for about 1 year, but it is currently dying. I need help!
The branches seem to become soft and then fall off. I have been replanting the seemingly healthy leaves and they are growing, but I am unsure why it keeps dying back despite my doting (or because of my doting...). I gave it a good watering, tried my best to encourage the roots to grow when repotting, and moved it to a larger pot. It is now in the sunniest spot (aside from the very cold or very hot potting/sun room) in the house. I can move it back to the potting room, but I was worried about it being too cold in the winter (minimal heat, poor insulation and PA winter weather). Advice?? I don't want to kill this previously lovely and old Jade Plant!

Comments (21)