SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsy_sims

Can I get an architect/builder someone to calculate sq ft for me?

Lindsy
7 years ago

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if I could email someone a floor plan and have you (whomever with the experience) add up this floor plan and tell me what you get. Heck, I'd love TWO peoples help!

The deal is I meet with my builder tomorrow to go over this very first rough draft. He calculates it as something about 400 sq. ft. different than my husband and I. (And we work in a field that we charge by the sq. ft., so we do know how to do it) I know these rooms are the Interior measurements. I don't know how they calculate to the exterior..?

I just want to email because this is the first draft and it's no where near final so I'm not ready for advice since I know things need to be changed. I will most definitely post it when it gets closer to what I want.

If you have message set up I can message you or whatever. I would be so thankful for the help because I need to know if these measurements are really off or if its done different for building...? Need to be prepared and not make a fool of myself!

Comments (27)