SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_118717206

how much does building 2600 sq ft home cost if I own the land

nida Hussaini
4 years ago

I have looked around for homes but didn't see any that fits my needs.. I'm looking for a mix of

ranch and 2 story but not Huge!! max 2600 sqft. Idk how hard/cost effective it'll be to add on second floor to a ranch or to make split level into a 2 story with full basement.. Hence considering building a new home .. (Advice?)

2100sq ft home is selling for 345k in my area(15 yrs old home), and i'll need to remodel to add a full bed and bath on main floor and also kitchen doesn't have enough space so it'll need remodeling too.. [ Is it cost effective to add on to existing home or is it wise to go the new build route? I'm not in a hurry to move out, I got 6-8 months of time..

Land is 240k ,

My need is to have full bed/bath on main level along with the regular 4 beds on 2nd floor and full basement..(4 beds 3.5 bt) ...Dupage county, IL..How much would it cost me to build 4-5 bed home with 3.5 baths on 2600sqft home if I go with below kind of finishes (Medium grade finishes)...

front brick siding , rest vinyl siding

quartz counter top in kitchen (open kitchen concept with custom cabinets with storage,

carpeting in bedrooms(nylon/wool carpeting), family room (nylon/hardwood)

porcelian tiles in kitchen and bathrooms,

1st bt- jacuzi tub in master bath + standing shower,

2nd bt - standing shower only on the main floor bath, and

3rd bt- common bath with shower and tub combo.

Any recommendations for builders and architects in suburban areas? Tips before hiring..? please help..

Comments (16)