SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southeasthouse

Outdoor Folding/Stacking Chairs for very occasional use?

southeasthouse
7 years ago

I hope this is the right forum. As I am technically searching for furniture, this seemed like the best fit.

I need to replace the chairs I use outside when I need to accommodate a larger number of guests than my typical patio furniture allows. You know - for crawfish boils and pool parties and the like. The chairs are only used a few times a year and typically kept in the shed, to be hauled out for parties. And sometimes left out after parties for a few weeks before I get around to storing them away again.

I previously had generic plastic chairs like this. I hate them. HATE. They get a gross texture to them from their time out in the sun and heat (not to mention the pressure washer), and can never get truly clean. And I always have to give them a pressure washer cleaning if I want them to be clean enough for guests to sit on without getting dirty bums. I'm certain I could care for them better and they would hold out better, but I don't want to.

I want something that I can easily just wipe down with a damp cloth to clear off any dust/dirt. Something that is as lightweight as possible, because even those plastic chairs can be a bit of a task when you are hauling out ten of them. Something that can survive being let out a few days in the sun and the rain. And hopefully something that looks a bit more attractive and a bit less tacky than those old plastic chairs used to.

So far, the only style I have narrowed in on is the French bistro folding chairs, which looks very lightweight, would take up a small footprint in my shed, are lovely to look at, and hopefully the metal finish could easily wipe down and take a few days of sun. But most of what I have found is pretty pricey for when I am ordering 10.

It may be the best option. But I am putting this out here in the hope that someone has a better suggestion. Or at least a line on a bargain for the bistro chairs.

TIA

Comments (15)