SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saad_alam45

NEED HELP WITH DECORATING MY CONDO PLEASE - REALLY BAD AT THIS

Saad Alam
7 years ago

Hello Houzzers!
Ok so just bought a new condo and am really struggling with this interior decorating thing. I like clean modern designs.
I attached the image of the style I like off pinterest (modern look). I like the white, navy blue, grey, stainless steel, wood/canvas color look.
What I need help with is the color of my accent walls (where you currently see the flower wallpaper in the image below). I am having the wallpaper removed and having those walls painted to be accent walls.
I was thinking about painting those accent walls it a dark navy blue. My concern is that during the day when the room is bright it will look good but at night I am really concerned that it will look too dark. Is this a common problem with dark paints? Also I think partially my issue is currently my lighting is bad. Will the navy blue look ok if I had better lighting. Below are my questions:
1) What color should my accent walls be? Will a Navy blue be too dark at night?
2) I am exchanging my couch for more of a true grey and plan on having a lighter solid color rug. Does this sound ok?
3) What is the best way to improve lighting, I definitely need lamps and more lights but also have been going with soft white lights
4) Will the style of my kitchen match the look I am going for?

Comments (6)