SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sara_najm

Help Needed Renovating and Decorating my first Rental! Please!

Sara A
6 years ago

I'm renting my first place and I'm planning on updating anything so I can to make it more comfortable. The landlord has allowed me to do any work just to pass it by him before doing so. I have already taken out the carpet and will be refinishing the floors. It's my first time working on any dyi project and also decorating my first place.

Living room:There is no foyer when walking into the home. The door takes you directly into the living room. I'm planning on taking out the blinds, putting two chairs in front of the window and another pair facing them (or a loveseat? thoughts?) Also, a sofa against the wall. What can I do about that door? It's outdated and steel! Any other ideas?

Kitchen:
What are my options? I was thinking of painting the cabinets and changing the hardware. I'm not sure how and which products would work best. Please advice! I did some research and some tenants used Peel and Stick backsplash. Any thoughts? What can I do about the placement of the fridge and stove? They look so awkward just there. I probably will put 4 seat dining table? or bench against that wall and the wall where there is a window to save more space?

Bathroom:
Painting all blue cabinets white? Any other ideas? What kind of look should I go for?

Comments (16)