SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ocean197913

Unintentional Looking Intentional Climbing Privacy Plant For Fence?

Mia Miami
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello. I rent a small house that is next to a crazy neighbor. There is a 3 foot chain link fence on my side & my landlord let me put bamboo reed fencing against it for privacy. It was not cheap as I needed 3 layers for total privacy and it cost me about $350 total. The neighbor put up a 6 foot chain link fence around her property including one that is about 6" from my chain link fence and so many weeds have grown between the two fences and nobody can weed them because they are trapped between the two. Also the weeds have popped through and damaged parts of my reed fencing but I keep it all trimmed on my side so you can't see them. Over the past 3 years my reed privacy fencing has become grey and weathered from sun and many wind storms. I have patched and fixed it all I can and don't to spend money to replace it. I only wish that all the weeds that grow between the fences could grow so thick and lush that it covers all of her fence and creates its own natural privacy and I could remove my reed fencing and just have that. So my question is.... is there any type of plant I can plant the seeds of that will look like just more climbing weeds and like I didn't plant anything. I'd love morning glories but that would be obvious. I think ivy would be obvious too. I'm in south florida if that means anything. Id say the fence gets a medium amount of sun. Not insane sun and not dark either. Thanks. '

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County