SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

iPad Case Question

writersblock (9b/10a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

For those of you with iPads: I'm thinking about getting the big iPad Pro, and what I really want to go with it is a purse/case that lets you use the ipad while it's still in there, while also holding your personal gear like a phone, credit cards, cash, etc.

I had the original Happy Owl Studio clutch, and it was great, but shoddily made, and then Sena made one called the Borsetta that was similar, but neither have been made for recent ipads.

Happy Owl:

Sena:

As a musician, I loved this case because when you're playing in public venues they never want a lot of junk around your performance area, and with this clutch I just got to the gig, unclipped the strap and put it away with my instrument case, and plunked the clutch itself down on the music stand. The "stuff" side zips closed so it looked tidy, and all my music is in ForScore on the iPad, so it was a big improvement over a binder full of tunes.

I always had my stuff where I could keep an eye on it and never needed to worry about my purse being dumped in an unlocked drawer in a store, for instance. Unfortunately, the Happy Owl was badly made and didn't last very long and they never updated the design past the ipad 2. The Sena was unpopular because it was so sleek it didn't have room anything deeper than a comb, I guess.

I would dearly love to find an equivalent to these for the 12" iPad pro. I've trolled around on Etsy and all, but there are just so darned many to sort through.

Does anyone here know of an iPad purse like that that works with the current versions?

Comments (11)