SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

iPad vs iPad

Funkyart
7 years ago

Ive decided to upgrade my original, first gen ipad. It's past time. I was an early adopter and bought my first ipad in the first wave of its release.. now I am a luddite trying to get the last shred of use out of it. Very few apps still run on it and I can no longer upgrade the OS. I use it almost exclusively in bed-- mostly for reading on the kindle (I used to read the NYTimes and NPR also until they stopped developing for the old OS).

I know I don't want to go to a mini.. but even cutting that out, there are so many options. I don't feel like going to a store to check them out so I thought I'd check in with you all. Amazon has so many versions.. ipad2, ipad air, ipad air2. Will I see big differences between them? I don't so much feel the need for the latest and greatest for something I use primarily as a kindle.. but I also don't want to buy something that will soon be obsolete. Considering how long I have used my current, I expect to have the next one a long time also so maybe that's an argument to go with the latest?

What's important to me:

• weight. I can't wait to have a lighter, thinner version! I had an ipad2 through work and it made a huge difference. I know the ipad air2s are substantially lighter yet!
  • Battery life. I can go days with it on my bedside table before recharging.
  • Ability to use all my apps.. most of which will only run on the newest OS

What's not so important? Camera

Comments (30)