SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prinesurf_gw

Nora Low-voltage 4"cans PROBLEMS!!

prinesurf
7 years ago

Hi I hope someone can share with me..

I have over 40 Nora brand low voltage lights installed in my home. I have had nothing but problems with them from the beginning. What started out as blown out bulbs every 6 months moved to sockets not working and transformers too.

Nora technical support has been very helpful in supplying parts (although I think they are losing patience with me) we have a set in our kitchen that go out more than others. We have replaced every socket 2xs, and now I have 2 that aren't working at all and I assume its the transformers.

Has anyone else had these issues? I don't want to hire an electrician and open that can of worms if there is no way this is an electrical issue.

The cans are with very deep beams (s heat shouldn't the the issue) there is no dimmer. The are turned on/off about 2-4 times per day. the longest line has 6 cans on it. these are all 50W Nora NL-401 with white baffle housings.

I want to rip them all out !!!

Please help advice is welcome. If someone thinks an electrician can solve this I will certainly go that route, but the lamp should be simple... (line voltage to transformer, transformer to the socket, socket to the bulb)

Comment (1)