SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
siyana_yordanova

Need help picking a passiflora to grow indoors

Siana
7 years ago

My living room has a loft with a railing that would be a perfect support for a twining vine. The railing is about 4x20ft, and the room is filled with very bright, but mostly indirect light from large south-east windows. I have experience with plants, and have somewhat of an indoor jungle since I am blessed with a greenhouse-like space. I am on the hunt for a vine, or a combination of vines that has the potential to span the loft railing. I need it to be twining, rather than clinging, so it does not cause significant damage to the railing wood. I have previously grown Madagascar jasmine, which I loved, but it maxed at 15 ft for me, and was not too lush. I am considering a passionflower (but have never grown it) because it seems to have the potential to be much more vigorous. There is an overwhelming amount of varieties, and I am am really hoping to find one that is most suitable for indoor conditions. Can anyone recommend a passionflower variety that can thrive indoors year-round, or any other larger vine (not pothos or ivy since I already have those in other places)? I am able to provide a relatively high amount of care. Thank you in advance!

Comment (1)