SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

How to keep loud noise (aka advertising) from blasting at me

Debbie Downer
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Tired of this. Every single website now has to blast these loud videos at you whether you chose to or not. Just about gives me aheart attack. It cant be effective advertising because who in their right mnd would stick around to watch the video - I just get the heck out of there asap esp when there is no X to exit out of the ad. Maybe if they would use their "indoor voices" I would leave it on but as it is, I refuse !

News sites do it too. If I click on a news site, its because I want to read the articles - not be blasted by some loud voice.

I currently have IE set at the strictest pop-up blocker setting. So what happens - it does block some, but I STILL get at least half, if not more, of them. And furthermore..... if I click on a link within the article to get to another article, the stupid IE popup blocker wont let me go there, telling me its blocked a pop-up. Um, no, IE... that is NOT a pop-up - that is another article Ive chosen to go to!!!!!!!!!!!

In otherwords the pop-up blocker is next to useless - it lets thru a whole slew of real pop-ups, while blocking 100% of the links to other articles that I click on and chose to go to (not really pop-ups, imho)

Is there anything that can be done? Obviously I can turn the sound down but the videos are still running and slowing down the computer and sometimes hangs it up completely.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022