SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naturalredhead18_gw

Noise from neighbors below, landlord being rude

naturalredhead18
18 years ago

I just rented this apartment in December the landlord keep going on and on about how quiet these apartments are. I'm on the top floor. Well within the first few weeks i realize i could hear the guy down stair snoring! so i started to where earplugs. With a week i was rudely awakened at 6 am by him and his gf(who doens't live her) having sex. Which was heard loud and clear. I notified my landlord who talked to them but it still happened the next night again. Well after the 2nd warning the noise problem stopped. But he has a yound kid who is there often staing with him. I can hear the kid run from one end of the apartment to the other and what sounds like baning on the walls. You can also hear general conversation, tvs, opening of closet doors. Even the vent in the bathroom. This guy also comes in at about 2 am everynight. Forcing me to wear earplugs and leave the tv. So i called my landlord and told him i want out of my lease. He has been very rude and unhelpful to me. He's trying to make me pay for part of the add he has to put in the paper to rent it out. I have to stay and pay till he rents it out. Right in my lease it says about quiet enjoyment. The other night I again got woken up at 6am by the goings on downstairs followed by music and conversation. I left him a message the i will be out by the end of the month at this was a 3rd warning. But he has yet to call me back... Sorry about the long message and advice can help! thanks Erin

Comments (21)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure