SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khen3

Window sills different distance from floor, help please.

khen3
7 years ago

We are removing the wall between 2 small rooms to create one large family room. One wall will have 2 windows; the original FR window which is 16" from floor, and the now visible sunroom window which is 22" from floor. That wall meets the end wall which has 2 windows flanking a fp, and those windows are also 22" from floor. The 3rd wall has 2 windows at 22" from floor. We had planned to replace all the windows except the original FR window as that end of room needs no real renovation. The contractor feels that the wall with a 16" and 22" should be left as-is because the 22" will have other 22" windows on the other walls, especially the one it abuts. My gut tells me that I should have both windows on one wall match (changing the one 22" to a 16", actually making new window longer), while it's okay that the others match each other since they are not on the same wall as the long one. If I change the one window, it is true that I will have one 16" from floor and then about 1 foot to corner, then wall with 22" height but I feel like my eye wants to see them end at same height on same wall rather than adjacent wall being the most important thing. I hope this makes sense! I need to tell the contractor which size windows to order....

Comments (5)