SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_lindholm

Help with my family room layout.

James Lindholm
7 years ago

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out the right layout to fit my rectangle family room. The room is a 21x11 with only one entrance way. the previous owner built a wall shelves which is neat at first but limits the design of the room. I tried keeping the current layout for a few years but the space always seemed cramped. please note the rug is a bit to big but we wanted to try it out. we are looking for something a little smaller.

I'm looking for some advice on the follow.

- Which layout fits best. i'm open to hearing other options?

- If I get rid of the wall shelf, ideas on making the room feel cozy yet functional?

- Playing off the last question, additional furniture like end tables, book shelves, wall art, etc?

- Color and trim. While the wood looks nice, I would like to paint the trim white and walls either a dark brown or light gray. open to any other color ideas?

Current layout ( we moved the table out and relocated the chair and ottoman ). my kitchen is to small to have a informal eating area. I do have a dining room but most of

our time is normally in this room.

Idea. space seems more open and good flow. the wall shelf is still up for now in case we want to go back.

Thank you for looking and i value everyone's opinion.

Comments (4)