SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merrifaken1

matching different brands

7 years ago

I hope some of you experienced professionals have as good an eye as you do knowledge.

I've mentioned my situation on another thread, live in SC but have a 12 plex apartment building in North Dakota. I've been resarching as much as I can throughout the web and You Tube. But besides performance, I need this project to blend with my earlier and much less educated choice of getting Pella 350 casements that will be the bottom windows. Since I can't see how they look installed nor look at windows available up there in person I have been searching but have not found decent veiws of the outsides/installed windows.

I"ve also gone to what storefronts I can but since casements are not popular here they don't have displays. I have to make an apointment to see the Sunrise and they don't have the Verde.

My choices:

Sunrise Verde, Richlin, Hayfield, Polaris, Minnkota, and ThermoTec. Also Simonton but I think the sashes are too thick.

I made a graph table with the important stats and they are very comparable.

Second or third criteria are the cranks. I kept hitting my knuckles on the frame when I was at Lowes to see the one Pella casement. It may have been the the angle, it was waist high. Then the little plastic cover was lose and the movement wasn't very smooth either.

Comments (13)