SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Cool Jams? And other help for the menopausal and sleep deprived

Sueb20
7 years ago

I'm seeing the dr about "medical intervention" at the end of the month, but trying whatever else I can before then to see if I can alleviate the issues without medication. I've been enjoying the effects of surgical menopause since Nov. -- the worst of it is night sweats and sleeplessness. I've been taking a rotating selection of Tylenol PM, Advil PM, and Zzzquil to sleep. Still have night sweats all night, but at least I can throw off the covers, sigh, and go back to sleep if I've taken one of those meds.

I'm sure it's not recommended to take that stuff every night but I've tried taking nothing and I'm up all night.

Have any of you tried the Cool Jams products? I was looking at the temp. regulating mattress pad and the pajamas. I'm going to replace my polyester filled comforter, I think, with a cotton quilt and cotton blanket. Or any other bedding recommendations? Of course DH likes the comforter...he will just have to deal.

Interestingly, I don't have hot flashes during daylight hours, for the most part.

Comments (70)