SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandon_hickey

Basement renovation, need help with sloping floor

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

I'm at the beginning stages of my renovation. I have included a picture. Here you'll see that one of the walls I'll be putting up is going on top of a concrete floor that is sloping to the drain. The slope is about 1.5" to 1.75" over a 12' span.

I plan on using dri core for the sub floor but I would like to attach my bottom plate for the wall directly to the concrete. My fear is when I go to lay the floor and do the trim your going to see this slope.

Should I use self leveling cement? My worry is that at the bottom of the slope I'm going to need to use a 2x4 or something to contain the leveling cement and then when it dries I'll have a riser on the floor that's 1.5". I can't go further towards the drain I have to basically stop it at some point. There will be a wall as you ca see in the second picture below that will run across where the furnace and electrical panel is.

Any suggestions?

Here is the "very pre-concept stages" of the basement. The picture above is where the Television screen will be going.

Below you can see the seats facing this wall with the TV. Basically a home theater design.

Comments (2)