SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiana_z

Basement and Garage ceilings and wall flooded by the floor contractor

kiki
7 years ago

Hello, All, I could definitely use some help here. About a weeks ago, I had a contractor installing hardwood floor in my kitchen. He used the wrong types of nails and nail through the pipelines underneath the floor, FOUR times. I didn't realize that (due the working noise) until they were ready to leave. It was the hissing noise I heard underneath the new floor borough my attention right before the floor guys were ready to leave... So long story short, I'm working with the contractor's insurance company now:

1. My family spend more than 4 hours to clean up and rearrange the basement and garage ( we were up until 2am that night). Should I ask for time compensation with that insurance company?

2. The basement has carpet, and it was all soaked. The restoration company removed the carpet pad and dry the carpet. It was about 160 sq. The insurance company owants to pay $209 for install the pad and put old carpet back. They will pay $192 for carpet clean. The carpet edges are all very loose and you can see the thread coming off it when they removed it. Would you accept this amount of compensation?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (2)