SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Wall color for 16-month old daughter's bedroom

cplover
7 years ago

So my daughter did not get a decorated nursey--rather she inherited the baby blue walls of my son's nursery. We decided to wait until she was a bit older to redecorate her room. Her room is small with one south facing window. Her daybed and dresser are both IKEA (hemnes) white. We also have a gray, white and cream shag area rug in the room over orange-ish hardwood floor. My dilemma is what color to paint her walls. I am debating between purple bedding and a fun black red white Minnie Mouse bedding because it would compliment some ladybug accents she has (her nickname is ladybug). The only thing is that I do not want an in your face red/black/white theme and white walls seem like a bad idea for a 16 month old. The paint color needs to be fairly light and/or a cooler color to keep the room from feeling suffocating. I also realize that in a few years SHE may have an opinion as to what she wants the room to look like and I do not want to have to repaint the walls to accomplish this. This all being said--- any advice for me??

Comments (17)