SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

I think I have my final layout...

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone here. I have tweaked and changed and think I have it ready to order. Builder can't start on this part of the remodel until April so I have time(which may be a bad thing!).

For those not familiar, this is a small kitchen in an open loft style guest apartment over our detached garage at our cabin in the mountains.

It will be used for a few things-

1.DH and I will probably end up living there while main house has some things updated and fixed.

2. Grown kids will stay there during holiday visits.

3. Adult couple friends when they visit

4. Short term rental, adults only. (Max 4 people, but I'm sure it will appeal mostly to couples)

In my dreams I will have semi handmade do the doors so I can have a navy blue kitchen. But if I can't afford that then I will do stock IKEA in white or black.

Here is the existing kitchen and space. As you can see I have to work around the angled ceiling. I'm basically flipping the layout.

This is the overall final layout.

And now the kitchen layout

The pantry,

Here's an overhead showing DW in relation to dish drawer. As this is a small kitchen I will only have 6 place settings, maybe 8 of a few things. Not ideal but I will almost always be the one unloading as the standard is to have guests load and run as they are departing.

Also, the table behind the sofa is countertop height, so can be pulled out and seat 6 using a couple of stools from the kitchen bar, or I could buy a couple extra stools and store against the wall.

This entire kitchen is stock IKEA, no hacks required. DH will make open shelves.

A few easy questions from the gurus,

I could lower the bar height and put some outlets there which might be a good spot to work at a laptop. Or is it more useful all one height.

This,

My other easy question,

I want to hang 6 mugs or so from the open shelf in the coffee area. Just an FYI, that shelf is actually about 24" above the counter, not the standard 18" as I want room to open the keurig and not hit the hanging mugs.

Would you hang the mugs under the shelf on cup cooks or put pegs along front of shelf to hang the mugs?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz