SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

I think I have my final layout but . . .

catlover5
12 years ago

I think I have my final layout but have 2 (hopefully) final questions regarding the basic layout plan -

1 - Don't laugh me out of here but is there any way to have an island in a 110x101 size kitchen that has 4 walls, i.e. does not open to another room with the exception of the one doorway from the dining room? The kitchen is at the back corner of the house and is flanked on the 101 interior wall by the garage and the 110 interior wall has the doorway from the dining room. An island would allow me to get the fridge in the L which is what I wanted from the beginning (and will lead me to question 2) and give me some more base cabinets and countertop space. I probably would not put anything in the island such as a sink or cooktop or seats. There is a sliding patio door to the backyard which is the only egress for us humans and the dog.

2 - Having that been said, if an island is not possible, would anyone try to force everything into the 110x101 L so they could have a tiny seating area along the patio door and interior wall where the fridge would be (and is currently)?

Thank you!

{{gwi:1985837}}

Comments (24)