SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spindledreams

I think I have my final floor plan

Dorothy Pohorelow
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

What do yall think? I had LOTS of help from Houz and GW members including
MarkJames & Co who provided the vision for our final plan.

We had a number of challenges. The usable space is only 105 inches by 160 inches. The chopped up area is a walled in stairwell and is structural. There are actually 2 windows in the nook but we are closing up the one on the west wall so it is not shown. The south window MUST stay and it is below counter height and we can't move it at this time. We can't move walls or windows but can move electrical, plumbing and gas lines.

For us it meets the needs we listed 1) more counter space 2) move the refrigerator into the kitchen 3) have a functional easy to use kitchen.

The original L shaped kitchen is jammed into a corner with a blind cabinet with the sink in it under a small window. Next to the sink is a drawer bank. On the other leg of the L is a 30 inch shelf base with one of those half shelves in it. Next to it is a bread drawer unit about the same width as the drawer bank. There is a wall cabinet over the drawer bank, one over the bread drawer unit, one over the shelf unit and one jammed into the corner over the blind corner which is impossible for me to use. The refrigerator is in the hall...

OOPS I just noticed that the shallow pantry and the in wall spice racks across from the stove are not in this plan.

Comments (22)