SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adh673

Final Layout...I think!...Needs GW-approval!

adh673
13 years ago

I think I am at my final layout. See link: http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95/ah673/july%202010%20plan/ The window will be about double the size we have now, which is reflected in plan but not the right style.

I am having some last minute thoughts of ditching the hutch and putting an antique one there to save $$ but husband not a huge fan of that idea.

Anyway, a lot of GW advice went into this design! I had to make some tradeoffs- 13 inch overhang, could never get huge aisles (Im at 40 between sink and island).

Some nagging thoughts...Is DW to left of sink ok? KD wanted to avoid traffic issues and it fit better there, but I've always been a righty. Will I get used to it? Another thing is Ive got crown molding dilemnas. There is no crown in kitchen today and there will be on cabinets. Except the little bit where there are no cabinets. I would add the molding that is everywhere else in the house except that we are arching the doorways and since our family room is a step down, I dont have the room for molding then arch molding. that would be the issue on the big doorway in the kitchen. Everywhere else it would fit.

The other big thing is the prep sink. Originally I was going to have positioned on island behind the range. However, since we are arching the ends of the island a bit, it makes it a little awkward to reach over so I think the "real" position would have to be on the other side of the island. Which is actually VERY close to the regular sink. Does this prep sink make sense? Is it always better to have two sinks even if they are this close?

Anything I forgot to plan in? I've got euro tap master, never mt, possible sergo trash opener (have to see if we can rig for insets), shaw farm sink, air switch planned in. Debating still on plugmolds and outlets options.

I REALLY appreciate everyones help to date and just reading over the million threads has given me so many ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: final plans?

Comments (6)