SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

Finalizing layout, hoping GWs approve?! Cooktop too squeezed?

homebuyer23
10 years ago

Hi,
I am really hopeful this might be my last layout post, but I canâÂÂt make any promises!

I have come full circle, going back to my original vision for the kitchen. An inspiration picture had a long narrow kitchen laid out like this, I loved the large centered window & centered apron sink & I really felt I had the space to do the same and that it would feel right, but I started to stray from it for many many reasons.

I tried many options, but none felt right. I am positive I want the wide âÂÂUâ shape, so for past several weeks IâÂÂve just been stressing over where to put everything within it.

One of my top wishes for the project is to fit a 36â cooktop, induction. It was strongly suggested by some here & a KD that I do not have room for it on the short wall. So, IâÂÂve gone round & round & round trying to squeeze it on same run as sink, but just canâÂÂt come up with a layout I love, there were too many compromisesâ¦bad DW placement/ bad storage/ compromised prep area, sink too far from REF, etc.

So, I decided to revisit this layout. I am also posting the whole first floor layout (we are changing every room), as well as a rendering of the cook top wall. I really think it looks good! The main concern I suppose is the fact that to right of wall oven cabinet, I only have a 4.5â filler space. I know its not ideal, but I think I am totally fine with it. The uppers are nice & symmetrical. I am also willing to install the wall oven under the cooktop. Another compromise that IâÂÂve decided I can live with. I saw it in a showroom and IâÂÂm short.

If I hear feedback that there are really good logistical reasons I just canâÂÂt fit my 36â cooktop here, at this point I think I like this layout best and think I am willing to just get a 30â rangeâ¦IF. I. MUST. !! But, IâÂÂm hoping you guys agree that while not perfect, this layout meets all my needs and wishes while being nicely functional.
Other than my concern with the cooktop placement, IâÂÂm looking for feedback on my mw drawer / speed oven placement Is it in a good spot or does it need to be closer to the vent hood?

IâÂÂm lacking a really wide drawer stack for pots. IâÂÂm hoping the large blind corner will fit a lot of pots. I havenâÂÂt decided what to use under the island⦠IâÂÂd actually prefer more of a work table look, so open or partially open underneath, so IâÂÂm trying to decide if my perimeter can store everything I need it to. If not, IâÂÂll do large drawers in island, or trash there, or my m/w/speed oven in island?

YouâÂÂve all been so helpful along the way. IâÂÂm dying to wrap this up! So, anyone with feedback, Id really appreciate it so I can move on! Thanks!!!

Comments (13)