SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inthecity36

Advice decorating bedroom, seems so out of place

stardust 23
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm having trouble with my bedroom. It's pretty bland and doesn't feel comfortable or calming to be in. I don't like the chair, maybe that needs to go. Behind the fan is a big bland wall and it feels like I'm trapped in the room with furniture that is all over the place and not put together. Also the problem is i'm a budget, so I don't want to spend too much and I live in an apartment (so I can't paint the walls). I'm afraid of adding more wall art because I'm worried it won't look right and I feel it already looks kind of cheap looking. It feels like whatever I do, i can't get it to look polished or halfway decent, partially because of how the room is built. Any suggestions? I thought of maybe replacing the chair with a bookshelf or something. I also need to do something I guess with the very big wall facing the bed, which can't be seen in the picture, ill try to post another view of the room later, it's bigger than it looks in the picture, there's a lot of space to the left of the bed too, that is empty.

Here it is:

Comments (111)