SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sccarroll4

Need new college bedroom layout/decor advice

sccarroll4
2 years ago

My son decided to go to a local college and stay home for his first 2 years. We have a downstairs bedroom we would like to move him into and change into his “at home” college type bedroom. He has a new queen size bed it needs to fit I just can’t figure out which wall to put it in since it seems like only 2 real options. And also a 31”x49” IKEA dresser. Not sure if it’s clear in the room layout I attached but the room has 2 side by side closets on the right when you walk in that are each 46” wide and 23” deep - I’m thinking maybe make one into a desk/work area. Also, we are thinking we would like to mount the existing small TV for him but only cable access is on the empty large wall to the left and the wall with the only window so I feel like both cause the issue with where to mount that and have the bed. Wouldn’t mind adding a comfy chair if can find something really affordable for a tall kid and if seems like there would be enough space. Would love some ideas and/or pictures as I have no vision so really struggling with this but want to make as nice as we can for him but also affordable because the past year has been tough. Thanks in advance!!

Comments (2)