SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparkleswest

Small Girl Bedroom With No Closet- Floor Plan and Decor Advice Please!

Seak and Sparrow
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello all!

We just bought a house and I'm trying to figure out a good layout and design for my daughter's room. She has a pottery barn full size loft bed with a fixed ladder plus a desk/ dresser underneath. See pic. We are limited on the orientation of the bed as the dresser drawers pull out from the end of the bed and because we can't reposition the ladder. She loves this bed so we are going to keep it. The room is small (9'10 by 11') and doesn't have a closet so we also need to incorporate a wardrobe. I was thinking of flanking the window wall with two wardrobes and a window seat for storage, but I don't know if this will make the room look too cramped. I also heard that window seats often go unused so maybe its a waste of space, even though we could have storage underneath.

What are your thoughts on the layout? Do you have any genius ideas of how to better orient the room.

As for decor, she is 7 years old going on a teenager. Very artistic and likes moodier, edgier looks. She asked for a black room, lol. She likes the inspiration photo below. I was thinking maybe a dark charcoal or gray blue, and then using white wainscoting to lighten up the room. Or maybe I should do shiplap or some other interesting texture? We will have mid-tone brown wood floors. I've included a floor plan and the 3D image (which is not indicative of style at all).

ANY ADVICE IS MOST APPRECIATED. You guys are the best and have helped me so much thus far as we navigate this new house! :)

Comments (53)