SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dojey

If you've got an eye for choosing sofa/ottoman design...

dojey
7 years ago

I recently got some help with planning out how I should layout my living room here and think I've managed to converge on a nice solution. Now the first step in that... choosing my sofa!

I'm going to be going with a sofa + ottoman as in the last post with the layout. I trend towards liking modern, but find it's not as cozy as I would like.

design

I spent some time looking at recommended brands (that I can't afford) to see what types of styles I like. I came up with these ones:

Hancock and Moore - restoration sofa

Hancock and Moore - belting sofa

Baker - pasha sofa

Baker - manhattan sofa

In all cases I'm looking at going with fabric. From what I gather, I lean towards a loose back, track arm, and straight cushions.

Which do you think looks nicer? Or any other ideas of how I can combine bits and pieces?

colour

I love grey, but my house is getting way too grey. Over at Carolina Chair (where I plan on purchasing from) they sent me the following swatches:

(left to right, then top down for the last two - why did I position them like that?!?!)

1. Baltimore Bone 2. Baltimore White 3. Rockville White 4. Omaha White 5. Rockville Ivory 6. Omaha Ivory

Personally I like the Omaha White (interestingly that's what I was first thinking when I saw their website too). I worry though that the high contrast will give it that ultra-modern feel.

What are your thoughts? Any other colours you could recommend? Here's the link of all the colours they have available: http://www.carolinachair.com/fabrics.html

Bonus part is aside from the floors, no other colours are chosen. So everything's fair game!

Thanks for all your help on here!!

Comments (21)