SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cloud_swift

Choosing couches and layout for family room

Cloud Swift
11 years ago

After visiting many stores and sitting in tons of couches, we are close to making a decision. The Ekornes Stressless sofas were significantly more comfortable for us than the others we tried but they are expensive. We can afford them, but if we go that route, we really don't want to make a mistake.

I'd like to fit seating for at least 5. Here's the family room layout:

Here's a picture of the TV/Fireplace wall:

The cabinets are natural cherry as are the ones in the kitchen and the kitchen counters and backsplash are in the same stone as the fireplace surround. Between those and the rug, there are already a lot of colors in the room. One thing we need help with is choosing the color for the couches. I don't think we should go too light because that won't have contrast with the natural maple floor and I don't think super dark would be good. But I don't have confidence in my judgement on either. We are leaning toward the Paloma Pearl Grey leather - it's a light slightly bluish grey that picks up the light blues in the rug and works well with the stone.

We like having some clear floor space for the grandkids to play. Can we fit a 3 seat couch and love seat with a couple of ottomans? Or perhaps a 3 seat couch and two of the recliners?

The model we are considering is the Stressless Paradise.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County