SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdpyn2

Upper Cabinets...Door Panels Options

John 9a
7 years ago

I have been absent from the kitchen forum for a while and found my way back through the new houzz front end.

I'm finishing up a kitchen remodel and would appreciate some input on options for the doors for my upper cabinets. I have made my cabinets from scratch and did wood panels for the lowers. The wood is pretty but quite dense and heavy and it's on the dark side. I would like to bring up the brightness by doing glass in at least the top portion of the upper doors and maybe even all four panels of the uppers. Below are a couple of photos of the cabinets as they are now. I painted the insides white and I have installed the face plate so all is ready for the doors. The cabinets have a fixed lower shelf and a movable upper shelf. I plan to have a single door for each cabinet but have a section divider in the door at the position of the fixed lower shelf. I could make wood panels to insert below the divider in the doors or I could put glass above and below the divider. I am considering a milk glass or a heavily etched glass pattern to hide contents of my cabinets.....alternatively, I could use clear glass and install a little mini-curtain to the back of the cabinet door.

Ok, a picture is worth a thousand words so these should fill in the gaps from my verbiage!

I have the frames for the doors cut and routed....I'll go shoot a photo of one of the frames so you can see my concept.

Comments (25)