SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Upper Cabinet Doors may not be symmetrical?

sergeantcuff
15 years ago

I've gotten so much help on my cabinets already - but have a few more questions. Every time we work thru new options, the room seems to get smaller! The plan I've been working with was off by quite a few inches. I don't think the cabinet guy realized how wide my door and window trim is. GC says not to worry, we are still planning. I am not overly concerned with storage space, more concerned with how the kitchen will look and function - counter space and having everything fitted. I like symmetry but this room is very awkward.

Should adjacent upper cabinet doors (36"tall, left and right meeting in the middle) be the same width?

To the left of the sink, he is proposing 24" on the left door and 27" on the right. The right side has a blind corner (no other option) that will show about 20".

The wall to the right would have 21" door on left and 18" on right.

I don't have a new plan to share and the GC took the spec books. I am correct that only base cabs come with 2 matching doors, and with wall cabs you have to order right and left cabs to match? GC thinks filling the wall symmetrically with cabs is best looking. He thinks using too much filler is a waste in this small space. I am unsure.

Any pictures to share? Thanks.

I do not have this issue with the base cabs, as only the sink base has doors that meet.

Comments (3)