SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

HELP!!! I turned white towels grey, and then yellow!! :-O

larsi_gw
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We use white wash cloths for hand towels in the 2 downstairs bathrooms, as using a moist towel after washing my hands freaks me out (and everyone always comments how nice it is to have a fresh, dry and rolled hand towel for each hand drying).

I washed them yesterday (about 50 of them) at 150F using the Kitchen Linen cycle, as I do each week. Foolishly, I threw in 3 NEW white and gray kitchen towels in with the all white hand towels. I kind of noticed the colour difference after washing, but I (again foolishly) dried the load. OMG.....

Every hand towel (wash cloth) is a dingy grayish white, and comparing them to the other 40-50 towels that are rolled and in the bathroom in baskets.....they are blinding white, and half of them are now grayish.

I washed the grayish ones again at 150F, using a Tide boost pod and a Grab Green pod. O M G...most suds I have ever seen in my life, but after many rinses....still grayish.

I then soaked the towels in the deep laundry room sink with HOT water and bleach (real bleach). O M G....the towels are now light yellow-gray :-O What have I done?

For the FIRST TIME ever I am taking my LiGi washer to 200F!! I am washing the towels (as I type this) at 200F with a British Ariel powder tablet.

Any other advice? I feel so stupid for adding the gray & white towels to all white towels. I KNOW better. Kicking myself!! :(

Comments (26)